Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1st 3-mile run :)


I ran my first 3-mile run today, finishing in 31 mins and 40 seconds. I mean, of course I had run 3 miles or more before, but I'm referring to the entire run itself, which is solely 3 miles. This is an upgrade from my previous 2-mile runs, after learning that the Marines are doing 3-mile runs, not 2-mile runs.

It is not just my first 3-mile run, but also my first run after the Singapore Half Marathon more than a week ago. And guess what? Yes, the right knee pain appeared halfway. I thought "Oh no, is this going to be like, permanent?" But I decided to continue and ignore the pain. It is not going to stop me from completing my first 3-mile run! And I keep reminding myself that THIS is nothing compared to what I had endured during the half marathon. This is peanuts! With that, I felt more motivated to keep running, and praying for pain relief. And amazingly, the pain left towards the final 1/3 of the run! I was aiming to do below 30 minutes, but had to slow down because of the pain. Nevermind, there's always a first time, and I'll definitely be able to run a better time than this!

I'm waiting for my salary and 1 month bonus to come in, before registering for the Phuket half marathon in June, and to book my flight and hotel. All in all, I reckon it's not going to cost more than RM800 for everything - registration fee, hotel, flight, food and taxi. I have about 6 months to train, so I have ample time to prepare well. I learnt my lessons in the first run. Will look forward to a PAINLESS run. And a better time than the 3 hours and 3 minutes and 13 seconds. I hope to achieve a sub-2hrs 30mins run :)


Oh, tomorrow will be my last day at work, before going on my Christmas holidays :) Have a nice Thursday, Friends!


Created by OnePlusYou

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

I wish I could run like you. But the fact that we have over 1 foot of snow on the ground has lingered my attempt at any form of physical activities (my excuse).

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:13:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hmmm... you said it yourself... LOL stop giving excuses ;)

Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I wish I could run like you as well, John. I have excuses for not doing so...the biggest one being the old body refuses! I'll stick to walking while enjoying hearing about your accomplishments in running! You do amaze me!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

:)

Monday, December 29, 2008 2:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home